Submit your application to develop a new ASGE DVD by June 1
Endoscopic Management of Early Stage Cancers of the Esophagus and Stomach
The ASGE Endoscopic Learning Library is a comprehensive selection of commissioned DVDs for CME and self-taught gastrointestinal education. Under the guidance of the Educational Products Committee (EPC), ASGE continues to update this library based on membership feedback and this is your opportunity to add to its success.
ASGE’s EPC is ready to commission authors for a new educational video entitled Endoscopic management of early stage cancers of the Esophagus and Stomach which will be added to the Endoscopic Learning Library. This DVD will highlight the latest indications and endoscopic techniques including EMR and ESD for removal of large precancerous polyps or early stage cancers of the esophagus and stomach.
If you are interested in authoring this DVD (or participating as an author in the development of a DVD), the following information must be submitted no later than June 1, 2012:
- Completed application with disclosure forms and copyright release.
- Detailed storyboard of the program.
- Detailed budget for the project. Expenses such as Dean’s tax and Department overhead will not be reimbursed and should not be included in the budget.
- Timeline of completion (maximum of fifteen months).
- Sample clips of previously authored programs or video clips on the topic demonstrating your ability to record and edit quality video productions.
The EPC will peer-review submitted proposals and commission specific author(s) for production of this DVD. If you are selected to develop this DVD, a budget of up to $20,000 will be available.
- A first draft is expected by August 3, 2012.
- The final DVD is expected by March 1, 2013.
To learn more and submit a request, download the Application-for-Commission document. If you have further questions, contact Susan Jankovsky via email or at (630) 570-5636.