Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship Programs
ASGE will be providing a formal match program in conjunction with participating advanced endoscopy training programs to make the process of application and interviewing fair and efficient for both the programs and fellows.
Application registration for the 2016 ASGE AEF Match opens at 12:00 noon eastern time on Wednesday, October 1.
Important Dates: AEF Match Program for 2017 Positions
| October 1, 2015:
|| Program Entry. Institutions begin entering program information.
|November 15, 2015:
||End of program entry. Last day for institutions to enter program information.
|December 10, 2015:
||Applicants able to access website. Applicants will be able to review programs, register and enter rank order list.
|March 2, 2016:
||Application deadline. Last date for applicant to complete Application Packet online. 8:00pm EST Letters of Reference due to the Match.
|March 16, 2016:
|| First date for programs to contact applicants to offer interviews.
|June 29, 2016:
||APPLICANT rank order lists due/End of withdrawal period. Last date for applicant rank order lists to be 8:00pm EST submitted. Last date for applicants to withdraw from the Match.
|July 1, 2016:
||PROGRAM rank order lists due/End program withdrawal period. Last date for institution rank order list to be 11:59pm EST submitted. Last date for institutions to withdraw programs.
|July 15, 2016:
||Match Results Date. Results will be posted to the website. Institutions may view matches 10:00am EST and download unmatched applicants list. Matched applicants may access matched program information. Unmatched applicants may download list of open positions.
Information for Applicants:
1. Online Application Fee (non-refundable). Applicants can choose to apply up to 15 programs at $125.00 or apply to unlimited programs at $500.00. The fee is payable online only via Mastercard or Visa, no checks will be accepted to apply. Applicants are encouraged to apply to programs which he or she is willing to accept. Payment will need to be accepted in order to create your online application packet and rank programs. You will receive an email receipt of payment confirmation.
2. Program Search. AEF program listing contains information submitted by participating institutions regarding individual fellowship programs. Search for AEF programs by state or training type or both. Note: Some AEF programs have included links to their site for additional information regarding their program. For a list of participating programs click here.
3. Required Materials for the Application Packet. Applicants should be prepared to submit the following informational items to complete the online application packet:
- Copy of Medical School transcript and diploma
- Current CV
- USMLE Scores (if applicable)
- Certification of Completion of Residency
- Personal Statement
- Copy of Valid ECFMG (only if you are providing your USMLE scores)
- Photo (this is optional, but encouraged as it will help program directors remember you).
- Reference contact information – you will be required to list up to four (4) references including their email address. Letters of references will be processed electronically. An email will be sent directly to your referee with instructions on how to submit a letter of reference on your behalf with a unique link. Applicants waive the right to view any reference letters.
All uploads must be in Portable Document Format (PDF) and less than 2MB in size.
How To Get Started
Click here to apply to the 2016 AEF Match. “Create an Account” on the left and follow the instructions to set up an applicant account. Rankings do not have to completed when you set up your account or all at one time. You may come back to the website and sign into your account at any time.
Questions? If you have any questions or concerns please direct all inquiries to email@example.com
If you are interested in listing your program as part of the ASGE Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship Match, click here to log in to your acount or to set up a new account. The fee to participate is $200 and is payable through the account setup process via Mastercard or Visa.