2016 ASGE Annual Postgraduate Course
Role of the Gastroenterologist in Personalized Cancer Management
Earn up to 14 MOC points!
NEW FORMAT: TWO HALF-DAY MODULES
22, 2016 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Monday, May 23, 2016 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Douglas G. Adler, MD, FASGE
of Utah School
Lake City, UT
Ferga C. Gleeson, MD, FASGE
Jason B. Klapman, MD, FASGE
Endoscopic oncology is every GI physicians’ concern. ASGE’s annual postgraduate course at DDW 2016® will bring you up-to-date on the most important aspects of a GI endoscopist’s practice—to detect, prevent or exclude cancer and pre-malignant conditions. Key takeaways include:
- How do you improve your adenoma detection rate -- improving colon cancer detection and prevention
- Know what to do in terms of Barrett’s screening and surveillance
- Get up-to-date on the latest advancements in EUS-guided tissue acquisition, tumor-directed therapy including molecular cytology, fiducial marker placement, intra-tumoral therapy, ablative therapies and treatment of cancer-related pain.
- Learn how to navigate the complicated decision paths in the management of cancerous conditions of the esophagus, stomach and small bowel, colon and pancreas and biliary.
art, evidence-based lectures on diverse topics including pancreaticobiliary
malignancies, tumor-directed therapy, advancements in the endoscopic diagnosis
and treatment of precancerous and early cancerous mucosal neoplasia and much
case discussions to demonstrate and evaluate diverse approaches to specific
cases encountered in everyday practice.
- “Breakout Sessions with the Experts” offer a
smaller group format concentrating on how the experts address specific clinical
challenges. These sessions will be held at the beginning of the course on both
Sunday and Monday.
- Earn up to 10 ABIM MOC points!
Attendees of previous ASGE postgraduate courses had this to say when queried about what they liked best about the conference—
- The best course I have attended!
- Concise summaries of the state-of-the-art, well delivered and kept to time. Excellent use of video and interactivity
- Outstanding evidence-based. Concise reviews.
- The course was very thorough and comprehensive!
- I found every part of the course very helpful.
- The speakers were all excellent!
- Variety of topics and the opportunity to hear from speakers around the world
- Choice of relevant topics & excellent faculty
- Variety of outstanding topics presented by subject matter experts
- Timely and appropriate topics all efficiently presented
- Focused, high-yield lectures on specific techniques/practices
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
Discuss the state-of-the-art endoscopic management of esophageal diseases, gastrointestinal bleeding and pancreaticobiliary diseases.
Identify current trends in endoscopic practice that facilitate the new cost containment mandates in gastroenterology.
Recognize both expert opinion and the scientific evidence behind endoscopic diagnoses and treatments.
Identify novel endoscopic technologies that are ready for adoption in your endoscopic practice.
This course targets international and U.S.-based participants, including practicing gastroenterologists, surgical endoscopists, gastroenterology trainees, endoscopy nurses and technicians.
For more information of the full-course schedule, please download the brochure.