Other ASGE Sessions and Events at DDW 2016
ASGE Fellows Networking Session
Saturday, May 21, 5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
This exclusive event for ASGE members only is the only event during DDW® where trainees will have an opportunity to network and exchange ideas with ASGE leaders. The ASGE Trainee Engagement Task Force, chaired by Frank Gress, MD, FASGE, from Columbia University Medical Center, invites you to participate in an interactive session designed to cover the field's most popular topics, while giving you the chance to rub elbows with field experts. This one-hour event will be held on Saturday, May 21, from 5-6pm. In the past, Trainees have found this event informative and have enjoyed the opportunity to network with leaders of the Society.
The event takes place at the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina, Point Loma Room.
You must register to attend! Don't miss this unique opportunity! Register online for this FREE event as space is limited!
Not an ASGE Member? Join and SAVE with special trainee member rates!
ASGE has developed a Recommended Fellows Track for fellows attending DDW 2016 that includes didactic and hands-on learning opportunities, networking events and new product offerings for endoscopists at every level in GI.
ASGE Presidential Plenary
Monday, May 23, 2016, 2:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
ASGE's Presidential Plenary Session will feature a combination of the latest, most novel and innovative research in GI endoscopy and features two distinguished lectures from world-renowned experts to illuminate the future for endoscopic research and clinical practice. ASGE President Douglas O. Faigel, MD, FASGE will deliver the ASGE 2016 Presidential Address.
ASGE Video Plenary Session
Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 8 a.m.-Noon
The ASGE Endoscopic Video Plenary Session features peer-reviewed videos demonstrating the most innovative endoscopic techniques and unusual cases from around the world. Don't miss these diverse, cutting-edge presentations.
ASGE World Cup of Endoscopy
Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
ASGE's sixth annual World Cup of Endoscopy will feature leading videos representing different countries. All selected videos will be presented and scored by a panel of international judges live at DDW! View 2015 Video Highlights
ASGE Membership Booth
Visit the ASGE booth to update your profile, renew your dues or make a contribution to the ASGE Foundation. The ASGE Booth is also the place to learn about ASGE programs and resources such as our signature event - EndoFest®, the STAR assessment-based certificate program, the Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program, practice management resources, the ASGE Career Center, ASGE Mentor Program, as well as ASGE research grants and advocacy efforts.
ASGE Clinical Symposia and Special Sessions
Saturday, May 21-Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Session topics include:
(titles subject to change)
- 2016 State-of-the-Art CRC Screening
- Advanced Endoscopic Resection of Colonic Lesions
- ASGE/Australian International Symposium
- ASGE/China International Symposium
- ASGE/INDO International Symposium
- ASGE/JGES International Symposium
- ASGE/KSGE International Symposium
- ASGE/OSA Symposium on Frontiers of Gastrointestinal Imaging
- ASGE/SIED International Symposium
- ASGE/SOBED International Symposium
- Basics of EUS
- Best of ASGE DDW en Español
- Clinical Challenges of Pancreatic Cysts
- Cut, Burn or Freeze for Barrett's Esophagus?
- Endoscopic Resection of Colon Polyps: When and How?
- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD)
- Endoscopic Therapy for Pancreaticobiliary Cancer
- Endoscopy in IBD
- ERCP in Difficult Situations
- Everyday Challenges in ERCP
- Getting Your Paper Published: Tips and Tricks from the Editors of GIE
- I Have a Great Idea: Now What?
- Legal Issues in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Management of Obscure GI
- Bleeding in Your Practice
- Management of the BIG Bleeds
- Managing Anticoagulation Pre- and Post-Procedure
- Obesity Management for the Endoscopist
- Pancreatic Fluid Collection: Where Are We Now and What Is the Future?
- Performing the Perfect EMR: Secrets From the Experts
- Quality in Colonoscopy
- The Future of Procedural Sedation
- The Future of Therapeutic EUS
- Update on Infections Related to Endoscope Reprocessing