ASGE Institute for Training and Technology Progress Report
In April of 2012, ASGE broke ground on the new ASGE Institute for Training and Technology (IT&T), a state-of-the-art training and conference center. In addition to being the new global home of endoscopic training and education, the IT&T will also serve as the new ASGE headquarters.
We're pleased to report that construction is on schedule. The new facility will be ready in April. ASGE headquarters will move to the new location in June. The new facility will host several training and education events this summer, including the First Year Fellows course. An open house is scheduled for October 4.
Construction progress - January 2013
The 3,700-square-foot outdoor terrace that overlooks the lake includes a fire feature, landscaped setting,
benches and a sound system
ASGE staff was excited to tour the new IT&T in December.
About the new IT&T
The new IT&T offers the GI endoscopic community, and other medical specialties, the latest technological advances for a world-class educational experience - live or virtually. Below are just a few highlights of the new center.
- 2,800 square feet
- 16 stations; 2 stations with broadcast capability to other stations, the conference center, or throughout the world
- 16 fully equipped endoscopic towers
- Accommodations for up to 8 C-arms
- 4 high-speed endoscope reprocessors and 1 high-speed washer/disinfector
- Lab observation area
- Private research room
- 100+ seat, tiered auditorium with audience response system
- Advanced audiovisual equipment with automatic recording and archiving
- Video linking among auditorium, hands-on laboratory, and conference center
- Real-time, worldwide, two-way broadcast capability via Internet 2 or satellite
- In-house recording and rapid duplication
- 2,450-square-foot divisible conference center for meetings or dining
- 850-square-foot boardroom for private meetings
And not to mention the terrace . . .
- 3,700-square-foot outdoor terrace overlooking a lake that includes a fire feature, landscaped setting, benches, a sound system, and outdoor heaters for year-round use
The new IT&T is centrally located in Chicago's Downers Grove suburb (just off I-88 and I-355), offering convenient access to both O'Hare and Midway Airports for national and international travelers.
IT&T Capital Campaign
If you haven't yet made a contribution, it isn't too late. The IT&T Capital Campaign is an excellent opportunity to invest in the future of GI endoscopy while demonstrating your commitment to ASGE. Donor recognition opportunities are available at many levels.
To donate, or to learn more about the ASGE IT&T Capital Campaign, click here.