The Annual ASGE Audiovisual (AV) Award is given for achievement in development of a full-length educational video that demonstrates a specific endoscopic procedure, technique or technology. Submissions are peer reviewed by the Educational Products Committee and the CME Programs Committee.
Online submissions are now being accepted through ScholarOne.
- Winning videos will be showcased at the ASGE Learning Center and be played in their entirety continuously throughout DDW.
- Winners of the AV Award will be recognized during the ASGE Crystal Awards at DDW.
- Award-winning videos will be considered for inclusion as a product in the ASGE Endoscopic Learning Library and/or Online Learning Center.
For submission criteria and instructions, click here
Previous AV Award winning videos include:
- ABCs of EUS: A Complete Roadmap DV064 (2014)
John Meenan, MD, PhD, FRCPI, FRCP, Charles Vu, MD*, and Sabina DeMartino MD
- Per-oral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM) for Achalasia DV062 (2014)
Jun-Hyung Cho, MD, Joo Young Cho, MD, Tae Hee Lee, MD, Su Jin Hong, MD, Won Kyung Cho, MD
- Esophageal Introitus DV061 (2014)
Shou-jiang Tang, MD, FASGE and Ruonan Wu, MSE
- Endoscopic Gluing Technique Using the Cyanoacrylate Super Glue DV060 (2013)
Roy M. Soetikno, MD, FASGE and Tonya R. Kaltenbach MD, FASGE; VA Palo Alto
- Endoscopic Tissue Sampling of Upper GI Tract: Forceps to Optical DV053 (2012)
Won Young Cho, MD, Gene Hyun Bok, MD, Wook Hyun Um, MD, Chnag Gyun Chun, MD, Hyun Gun Kim, PhD, Tae Hee Lee, MD, Suck Ho Lee, MD, Su Jin Hong, MD, So Young Jin, MD, Joo Young Cho, MD Soonchunhyang University Hospital
“Showcasing the best endoscopy talent in the world.” G.S. Raju
The ASGE Endoscopic Video Forum and World Cup of Endoscopy represent the largest collection of high-quality, cutting-edge, fully edited endoscopic video footage presented at DDW. Internationally renowned experts in endoscopy will moderate the always-popular sessions, which will highlight videos selected from over 100 entries submitted from around the world. Now is the time for physicians to begin refining their videos of gastrointestinal endoscopy techniques and challenging or interesting endoscopic cases.
Video submissions accepted for presentation at DDW are limited to six minutes for a single case or eight minutes for a cases series and may be chosen for presentation during any of the following venues:
Tips for Video Submissions from the Review Committee
- The ASGE Video Plenary Session. This four-hour session focuses on cutting-edge techniques and unusual cases in GI endoscopy. Accepted authors will present their videos live and will have a few minutes to answer questions from the moderators and audience. Each year, the Video Forum continues to showcase dynamic and engaging videos from around the world.
- The World Cup of Endoscopy. Top videos from around the world are selected to present live and are scored in real time by a panel of international judges. The session is so lively, the judges and presenters dress in clothes from their native country. We encourage you to submit a video to contend for the title of best video presented at ASGE World Cup of Endoscopy.
View winning videos from the Video Forum and World Cup on the Online Learning Center.
Online submissions are now being accepted through ScholarOne. For submission criteria and instructions, click here. For the PowerPoint template to use in video creation, click here or request the file by contacting email@example.com.