1. Describe basic GI
physiology and normal anatomical landmarks.
2. Describe diseases
commonly encountered in gastroenterology and their endoscopic findings.
3. Discuss common tools
of the gastroenterologist and basic endoscopic techniques.
4. Gain hands–on
knowledge of endoscopic tools and techniques.
GI 101 - Curriculum Overview
Gastrointestinal Tract in Health: Basic Anatomy and
- Foregut: Esophagus/Stomach
- Midgut: Small Bowel and Hindgut: Colon/Rectum
Tools of the Gastroenterologist
- Introduction to GI Endoscopy -- EGD, Colonoscopy, ERCP, EUS ,
- Tests Used by Gastroenterologists -- pH testing, Manometry, Radiology,
- Tips for Successful Interactions with Healthcare Professionals
Gastrointestinal Tract in Disease: Overview of Major GI
- Foregut: Esophagus and Stomach
- Midgut: Small Bowel
- Hepatopancreaticobiliary Disease
- Basic Scope Handling/Foreign Body Removal
- APC/Bicap/Thermal Therapies