Participants will earn the ASGE Lower GI EMR STAR Certificate of Completion by completing all the program components sequentially over the course of several months. The required online components of this program will be available to complete beginning November 2016, with continued access to course materials after completion of the live course. ASGE estimates that completion of the online activities will require approximately 13 total hours to complete.
Prior to the in-person skills-training component, enrollees will be required to complete several online components, including:
- Baseline Assessment. This test will provide the enrollee an initial assessment of their knowledge.
- Literature. Participants will gain access to topical guidelines, technology reviews and key articles.
- Instructional videos. Participants will gain access topical instructional videos from the ASGE Endoscopic Learning Library (ELL).
- Interval Assessment. Enrollees will re-take the Baseline Assessment following the
online instructional components. Participants will receive automatic
feedback and references after completing the exam.
Participants will earn CME credit at the completion of the online curriculum.
Course and Assessment
The course is designed to specifically teach standardized knowledge and motor skills in Lower GI EMR. Enrollees will participate in a half-day of detailed case-based video sessions and a half-day of intensive, standardized, hands-on training preparing enrollees for the skills assessment (3 participants per station maximum). On the final day, participants will complete a one-on-one skills assessment as well as an online Cognitive Assessment, and will be provided feedback from their performance at the completion of the course. Enrollees are invited to bring one nurse or technician to the live course to train with them for no additional registration fee.
- All enrollees will be provided a transcript detailing the completed
curriculum, earned CME and assessment of performance in EMR skills including faculty comments on their performance.
- Participants who pass both assessment components will receive a Certificate of Completion in Lower GI EMR.
- Participants who do not pass the online exam or the skills
assessment will be provided with information on the specific areas in
which they did not succeed and options for further training and/or
Opportunities for retesting may be available at DDW and/or EndoFest®. However, ASGE does not guarantee date or availability of re-training or re-testing until the next iteration of this program.