Participants will earn the ASGE EMR STAR Certificate of
Completion by completing several components sequentially over the course of
three to six months per module.
Prior to the skills-training component, enrollees will be required to complete several online components, including:
- Baseline pre-test. This test will provide the enrollee an initial assessment of their knowledge.
- Literature. Participants will read and review guidelines, technology reviews and key articles.
- Instructional videos. Participants will view instructional videos from the ASGE Endoscopic Learning Library (ELL).
- Re-take pre-test. Enrollees will re-take the pre-test following the
online instructional components. Participants will receive automatic
feedback and references after completing the exam.
Participants will earn CME credit at the completion of the online curriculum.
Course and Assessment
The course in each module is designed to specifically teach standardized knowledge and motor skills in EMR. Enrollees will participate in a half-day of detailed case-based video sessions and a half-day of intensive, standardized, hands-on training preparing enrollees for the skills assessment (3 participants per station). On the final day, participants will complete a one-on-one skills assessment as well as a post-test, and will be provided feedback from their performance at the completion of the course. Enrollees are invited to bring one nurse or technician to the live course to train with them for no additional registration fee.
- All enrollees will be provided a transcript detailing the completed
curriculum, earned CME and assessment of performance in EMR skills.
- Participants who pass both assessment components will receive a Certificate of Completion in Lower and/or Upper EMR.
- Participants who do not pass either the written exam or the skills
assessment will be provided with information on the specific areas in
which they did not succeed and options for further training and/or
Opportunities for retesting may be available at DDW and/or EndoFest®. However, ASGE does not guarantee date or availability of re-training or re-testing until the next iteration of this program.