This new ASGE course provides office management staff with the essentials needed to effectively and efficiently manage a GI unit. Presented by GI practice managers at the top of their field, GI practice Management 101 serves as an introduction to GI endoscopy practice management best practices. course sessions will cover topics such as running a profitable endoscopy unit, achieving efficiency in your office operations and managing and staffing the GI practice. GI Practice Management 101 was designed to be highly interactive and provide winning practical solutions that can be implemented immediately in your practices.
This course is perfect for those propelled into office management, new to practice management or new to GI practice management.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Recognize cost centers and profit centers for the typical GI practice
- Integrate ASGE and other clinical guidelines in your practice
- Perform rudimentary evaluation of ancillary services such as infusion or histology/pathology
- Identify how to “right size” your office
- Develop an analysis (proforma) to determine whether a specific cost center activity (pathology lab, infusion, capsule) is profitable
- Utilize mid-level providers to enhance the efficiency of the office or hospital-based GI practice
- Identify various staffing models within the office and endoscopy center, and select a model that best fits the practice culture and needs
This course is designed for practice administrators, nurse managers and
physicians who are new to GI practice management, or work within a small
to medium office.