GI Practice Management 101: The Essentials of GI Practice Management
Thursday, November 17, 2016
This ASGE course provides office management staff with the essentials needed to effectively and efficiently manage a GI unit. Presented by GI practice managers at the top of their field, GI Practice Management 101 provides GI endoscopy practice management best practices. Course sessions will cover topics such as running a profitable endoscopy unit, achieving efficiency in your office operations, and managing and staffing the GI practice. GI Practice Management 101 is designed to be highly interactive and provide winning practical solutions that can be implemented immediately in your practice. This course is perfect for those propelled into office management or new to GI practice operations.
"We will need to develop much more sophisticated tracking programs/workflows via the EMR system to track and correlate treatment plans with outcomes. For example, can we stratify patients on PPIs to determine if they are at the correct dose i.e. can they be tapered down in dosage to create savings on the pharmacy benefit side.”
– Barbara Tauscher, MHA, FACMPE
|Alejandro Fernandez, MBA, CMPE
Chief Executive Officer
Gastro Health, PL
|Roger Franck, MHA
Endoscopy Center of North Mississippi
|Barbara Tauscher, MHA, FACMPE
The Oregon Clinic
Oregon City, Oregon
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Recognize cost centers and profit centers for the typical GI practice
- Perform rudimentary evaluation of ancillary services such as infusion or histology/pathology
- Identify how to “right size” your office
- Develop an analysis (pro forma) to determine whether a specific cost center activity (pathology lab, infusion, capsule) is profitable
- Utilize mid-level staff to enhance the efficiency of the office or hospital-based GI practice
- Identify various staffing models within the office and endoscopy center, and select a model that best fits the practice culture and needs
- Recognize how to properly adopt nationally recognized guidelines in your GI unit
This course is designed for practice administrators, nurse managers and physicians involved in GI practice management who work in a small to medium office.
Register today for the ASGE Trifecta and
give your practice a clear advantage in meeting your operational and financial goals for 2017!