2017 Gastroenterology Reimbursement and Coding Update
Saturday - Sunday, November 19-20, 2016
Designed to increase your practice proficiencies in coding and reimbursement, the 2017 Gastroenterology Reimbursement and Coding Update will prepare you for 2017 GI endoscopy coding and reimbursement changes. Expert faculty will provide resources, tools, and case studies that will enable your practice’s bottom line to increase through efficient medical coding, payer contracting, endoscopy billing and other topics and issues related to GI physician and facility reimbursement. This course will provide you with the final equirements for Medicare’s new physician payment system scheduled to go into effect January 1, 2017. You and your team will receive the help you need to enhance your ability to adopt new payment delivery models, provide accurate billing and coding, and improve contracting and revenue cycle management.
|Glenn D. Littenberg, MD, FASGE
Chief Medical Officer
inSite Digestive Healthcare
|Kathleen A. Mueller, RN, CPC,
CCS-P, CGCS, CMSCS, PCS, CCC
AskMueller Consulting, LLC
Upon completion of this educational activity, you will be able to:
- Implement all CPT changes affecting GI practice in 2017 by becoming familiar with all new, revised and deleted codes for 2017
- Address the Top 10 coding and reimbursement issues impacting GI physicians and facilities in 2017
- Execute updates to ICD-10 and understand the current issues facing GI in ICD-10 coding
- Recognize CMS’ timeline for implementation of the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Alternative Payment Models (APMs)
- Comprehend the 2017 requirements finalized for MIPS and APMs
- Assess current staffing and services based on new payment models
- Implement GI billing and coding procedures such as new evaluation and management services
- Apply coding strategies for new and emergent GI technology and learn how to code for these technologies
- Evaluate and resolve specific coding issues regarding GI practice
- Discuss the importance of compliance plans and the role of overnment-sponsored billing and coding audit programs
Practicing gastrointestinal endoscopists and surgeons, coding and billing professionals, practice managers, and practice professionals involved with the business management of a GI medical practice.
Register today for the ASGE Trifecta and
give your practice a clear advantage in meeting your operational and financial goals for 2017!