ASGE Foundation: Public Outreach
Today's public is becoming more aware about digestive disorders and new procedures. They are anxious to receive the latest information about early disease detection and prevention. Patients turn to the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) seeking information not only about colonoscopy, but about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), esophageal cancer, endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS), endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), capsule endoscopy, upper endoscopy, and more.
Through your support, a proactive program to educate patients about endoscopic diagnostic and therapeutic procedures is possible.
You'll help to:
- Educate the public about the value of seeking medical care from a qualified GI endoscopy specialist
- Demystify common endoscopic procedures such as upper endoscopy and colonoscopy
- Raise awareness about screening, available treatments, therapies, and diagnostic techniques
- Provide timely and expert information on questions patients should ask their doctors and how to
- Locate qualified physicians