Become an ASGE Fellow
The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) is proud to announce the development of the prestigious Fellow designation. The designation of Fellow signifies an individual who has made significant contributions to the field of Endoscopy.
To apply for Fellowship, please see the criteria and application below. You may forward your application for Fellowship to the Membership Department for processing. All complete applications will be processed in six to eight weeks. Upon approval of your application, you will receive a letter indicating that you may use your Fellowship - FASGE designation. You will also receive a certificate along with a FASGE pin. Each year the Society will recognize a class of Fellows during the Crystal Awards.
For questions regarding the FASGE program, please contact the Membership Department at 866.353.ASGE (2743), 630.573.0600 or email@example.com.
Requirements for Fellowship:
Fellowship in the ASGE is intended to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions to the Society, through service or education, or to the field of endoscopy. Guidelines listed below are suggested as a minimum criteria to support application. The Membership Committee will review applications for FASGE, placing the highest emphasis on the quality and breadth of contribution to gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- Significant contribution to the field of GI endoscopy as evidenced by one or more of the following:
- Significant scientific contribution to the field of endoscopy;
- Significant contributions to education in endoscopy on the international, national, state or regional level;
- Significant service to ASGE (minimum involvement would be successful service on one or more ASGE committees as attested by the committee chair);
- Leadership position in a regional or local medical society.
- Two letters of recommendation from current FASGE members supporting the candidate’s qualifications. View a list of current FASGE members.
- Uninterrupted Active US or International membership for at least 5 years.
- Active US Members must have initial board certification in adult or pediatric GI, or surgery.
Application for Fellow of ASGE