ASGE Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program
The Importance of High-Quality Patient Care
Now more than ever, it is
critical that endoscopy units demonstrate their effectiveness in the delivery of high-quality, safe patient care. In fact, by not delivering quality and value to patients, you risk not being part of the delivery system of the future.
As the only national program of its kind, the ASGE Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program (EURP) honors units that have demonstrated a commitment to delivering quality and safety as reflected in their unit policies, credentialing, staff training and competency assessment, and quality improvement activities. EURP honorees benefit by being among a like-minded community of units from across the country.
Performance Monitoring of Key Quality Measures
Get recognized for the assessment of the following quality measures that are critical to high-quality GI endoscopic patient care:
- Patient assessment for procedural risk
- Adequacy of bowel preparation
- Cecal intubation rate
- Adenoma detection rates
- Adverse event tracking
- Use of patient satisfaction surveys
To date, nearly 500 units have received this prestigious recognition. View a list of Endoscopy Unit Recognition Recipients here.
Benefits of Being Recognized Through the EURP
Join ASGE’s prestigious recognition program and access a variety of benefits that promote and celebrate high-quality patient care. And as an EURP honoree, your unit will benefit from this recognition status for a period of three years.
Powerful Marketing Tools
Leverage powerful marketing tools to inform your patients, potential patients and colleagues about your commitment to provide the highest standard of quality care.
- “ASGE Quality – Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program” logo to use on letterhead, business cards and more.
- Press release to promote your recognition within your community.
- NEW! Complimentary startup pack of EURP Recognition Pamphlet for patients highlighting your unit’s recognition and why the EURP is important to patient care.
- ASGE Certificate of Recognition of Quality in Endoscopy to display in your office.
- Your unit’s name posted on the ASGE website list of Certificate of Recognition honorees that provides public and professional recognition.
COMING SOON! Complimentary ASGE Associate Membership
Enjoy a free ASGE Associate membership for the nurse manager in your unit for one calendar year during the unit’s three-year recognition. This membership will provide your team member with access to exclusive practice management and quality resources, as well as valuable member-only discounts.
NEW! Course Registration Discounts
Save money on quality and practice management courses developed to help you stay current on the changing health care delivery landscape, and obtain all of the essentials needed to foster a high quality and high performing practice. Call ASGE at 1-630-573-0600 to find out how to take advantage of these extra savings.
Complimentary Startup Pack of Takeaway Brochures
Educate your patients on the benefits of endoscopy with a free pack of Ensuring the Safety of Your Endoscopic Procedure brochures.
From Concept to Practice
One of the core requirements of the program is participation in the ASGE Improving Quality and Safety in Your Endoscopy Unit course. By having one staff representative attend this course, you will be able to enhance the level of quality and safety in your practice. Attend the next Quality Course and take the first step to becoming a recognized unit of the EURP.
Interested in Learning More?
To view a listing of program criteria, program benefits, and answers to frequently asked questions about the program, download the EURP FAQs document.
- ASGE Webinar: Why Quality? Why Now? Why EURP? (recording and slides) (7-22-2013)
- ASGE Webinar: Quality Indicators for Colonoscopy (recording and slides) (3-26-2014)
- ASGE Webinar: Guidelines for Safety in the Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Unit (recording and slides) (4-29-2014)
- ASGE Webinar: Measuring Quality in Endoscopy in the Era of Health Care Reform - An Introduction (slides) (7-16-2014)
Click here to download the new EURP brochure.
Click here to download a flyer about the EURP.
Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program Fees
ASGE offers discounts to those applicants whose entire staff of endoscopists are members of ASGE, or who also participate in the GIQuIC benchmarking registry.
(if also participating in GIQuIC)
Additional Units under same Medical Director
|≥ 50% Membership
How to Apply to the EURP
Simply follow these steps:
- Download and complete the application form.
- Collect the necessary supporting documentation as specified in the application.
- Mail the completed form along with the supporting documentation and program fee back to us.
Looking for a patient satisfaction survey tool?
Download ASGE's recommended survey tool. The tool is an editable PDF file so you can easily insert your unit's name onto the survey.
Don't miss this valuable opportunity to be recognized for your commitment to quality and safety. If you have any questions, e-mail ASGE at email@example.com, or call 1-800-573-0600.