ASGE Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program
Known as the leader in setting standards for excellence in gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy, ASGE has designed the only national program recognizing quality and safety in the practice of GI endoscopy. The ASGE Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program is open to all settings where GI endoscopy is practiced, including office-based endoscopy units, hospital-based endoscopy units, and stand-alone ambulatory endoscopy or surgery centers. To date, over 450 units have received this prestigious recognition. View a list of Endoscopy Unit Recognition Recipients here.
Through the Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program, ASGE can help your unit:
- Gain recognition among healthcare professionals, public and private regulatory bodies and patients as a unit dedicated to quality care
- Prepare to meet the changing expectations of public and private regulatory bodies
- Promote improvement and create more uniformity in your practice
To view a listing of program criteria, program benefits, and answers to frequently asked questions about the program, download the EURP FAQs document.
New and Renewing Units download:
- ASGE Webinar: Why Quality? Why Now? Why EURP? (recording and slides) (7-22-2013)
- ASGE Webinar: Quality Indicators for Colonoscopy (recording and slides) (3-26-2014)
- ASGE Webinar: Guidelines for Safety in the Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Unit (recording and slides) (4-29-2014)
- ASGE Webinar: Measuring Quality in Endoscopy in the Era of Health Care Reform - An Introduction (slides) (7-16-2014)
Looking for a patient satisfaction survey tool?
Download ASGE’s recommended survey tool. The tool is an editable PDF file so you can easily insert your unit’s name onto the survey.
Important Note: The "Improving Quality and Safety in Your Endoscopy Unit"course serves as the foundation of the ASGE Endoscopy Unit Recognition (EUR) Program. Units interested in applying for the EUR Program or renewing their EUR Certificate are encouraged to send both a physician and a non-physician manager to the course. The eligibility criteria for the Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program require completion of this course by at least one unit representative within a year prior to a new or renewing program application.
Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program Fees
(if also participating in GIQuIC)
Additional Units under same Medical Director
|≥ 50% Membership