The Cook Medical Don Wilson Award
Description and Objective
The Cook Medical Don Wilson Award provides Advanced Fellows or Junior Faculty with the opportunity to train outside of their home country with a premier GI endoscopist or group in order to advance their training. The award assists in underwriting reasonable and customary travel and living expenses for a period of one to three months. The award includes a $7,500 cash stipend prior to the recipient's travel. In addition, a 20% disbursement will be made to the host institution. Up to three awards will be available annually for North American and International ASGE members. Note: One training must take place in the United States.
All applicants must:
1. Be an ASGE Member (Active, International or
2. Be the equivalent of Junior Faculty or Advanced
3. Be proficient in the English Language
4. Be advancing knowledge and/or skill on a
Individuals applying for 1-2 year advanced fellowships do not qualify for this award.
Send the following information in one PDF document. Note: Only electronic applications will be considered.
Note: ASGE's International Committee will review the applications and make recommendations to the Governing Board, who will make the final decision.
Applications must be received by e-mail no later than Friday, September 2, 2016. Late submissions will not be considered. Awards will be announced in December 2016 and distributed in 2017. Submit application materials by e-mail, in one PDF document to:
Assistant Director of International Initiatives
For further details, please call 630.570.5631.
- ASGE gratefully acknowledges the generosity of Cook Endoscopy in creating the Cook Medical Don Wilson Award in memory of the late Don Wilson, a strong advocate and supporter of international education and training in gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- Up to three Cook Medical Don Wilson Awards will be funded.