The Cook Medical Don Wilson Award
Description and Objective
The Cook Medical Don Wilson Award provides Advanced Fellows or Junior Faculty with the opportunity to train outside of their home country with a premier GI endoscopist or group in order to advance their training. The award assists in underwriting reasonable and customary travel and living expenses for a period of one to three months. The award includes a $7,500 cash stipend prior to the recipient's travel. In addition, a 20% disbursement will be made to the host institution. Up to three awards will be available annually for North American and International ASGE members. Note: One training must take place in the United States.
All applicants must be the equivalent of Junior Faculty or Advanced Fellows and be proficient in the English Language.
Individuals applying for 1-2 year advanced fellowships do not qualify for this award.
- Current ASGE Member
- Junior Faculty or Advanced Fellow (3rd or 4th year or international equivalent)
- Permission from the applicant's own institution to undertake the travel
- Permission from an ASGE member at the host institution to accept the application for training
Send the following information in one PDF document. Note: Only electronic applications will be considered.
- A 1-2 page Candidate's Statement of Learning Objectives for the travel; including the description, purpose and expectations of this training program and importance to the applicant's career development
- A letter of acceptance from the institution where applicant would like to study and name of ASGE member(s) with whom he/she plans to study, duration of training and anticipated dates
- A letter of recommendation and release from the applicant's current Chief of Service
- A statement listing additional sources and amount of funding to be used for this training
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) including current position
Note: ASGE's International Committee will review the applications and make recommendations to the Governing Board, who will make the final decision.
Applications must be received by mail no later than Friday, September 6, 2013. Late submissions will not be considered. Awards will be announced in December 2013 and distributed in 2014. Submit application materials by e-mail, in one PDF document to:
Assistant Director, International Programs
For further details, please call 630.570.5631.
- ASGE gratefully acknowledges the generosity of Cook Endoscopy in creating the Cook Medical Don Wilson Award in memory of the late Don Wilson, a strong advocate and supporter of international education and training in gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- Up to three Cook Medical Don Wilson Awards will be funded.