DDW Experience Travel Award
The Digestive Disease Week (DDW) Experience Award is founded on one of the priorities of the ASGE Diversity Equity and Inclusion Action Plan to promote diversity in the gastroenterology healthcare workforce pipeline. One of the vehicles to achieve this goal is by reaching medical students underrepresented in medicine through this pipeline initiative. Supported by the ASGE Diversity and Inclusion Committee’s Pipeline Subcommittee, two medical students will have an opportunity to attend the annual DDW conference and experience the conference along with gastroenterologists from around the world.
Two $1000 travel awards will be given to medical students underrepresented in medicine. This amount is inclusive of travel and stipend expenses. Lodging accommodations and conference registration will be arranged. Students will be required to attend the majority of the conference.
Students from an underrepresented racial or ethnic group must be enrolled in an accredited medical school and in good standing. Applicants will complete an application, submit a good standing letter from their institution, a curriculum vitae and short essay.
- Completed ASGE Digestive Diseases Week (DDW) Travel Award Application by February 28, 2023
- Letter from Dean of your institution verifying good academic standing (PDF or DOC file)
- Curriculum Vitae
- 500-word limit essay (PDF or DOC file) on how would attending an international gastroenterology conference help you achieve your career goals
- Submit the application and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Michelle Akers at 630-570-5613 or email@example.com if you have questions
Application Deadline: 5:00 pm CT, Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Award Announcements: March 17, 2023
DDW Conference Dates: May 6-9, 2023
More about DDW Complete & Download Application
Supported by the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and the Diversity and Inclusion Pipeline Subcommittee