Sessions & Events
2020 ASGE Presidential Plenary
Schindler at The Speed of Light: The Expanding Universe of Endoscopy
Saturday, May 2, 9:00am – Noon
Please join ASGE President John J. Vargo, II, MD, MPH, FASGE, for a cup of java, a doughnut and a comprehensive overview of today’s best science in GI endoscopy. Enjoy spirited debates on controversial topics, endowed lectures from the world’s luminaries in gastrointestinal endoscopy, and of course, ASGE’s top rated abstracts in rapid-fire fashion. We look forward to seeing you at this extremely popular un-Plenary Plenary Session.
ASGE Video Plenary Session
Tuesday, May 5, 8 am – Noon
The 24th Annual ASGE Endoscopic Video Plenary Session features “best of the best,” cutting-edge, most innovative endoscopic techniques and unusual cases from around the world. The highest scoring video from the peer-reviewed process will be presented an award. All Video Plenary selections will be available for online viewing through ASGE Online Learning: GI Leap at www.asge.org.
ASGE World Cup of Endoscopy
Tuesday, May 5, 1 – 3 pm
ASGE’s 10th Annual World Cup of Endoscopy will feature a friendly international competition of leading videos representing different countries. All selected videos will be presented and scored live at DDW. One winner will be declared at the end of the session and the top three countries will receive awards.
ASGE Fellows Networking Session
Saturday, May 2, 5:00 – 6:30 pm
This session offers trainees an opportunity to network with ASGE leaders and discuss topics specifically of interest to trainees. Register online for this event at www.asge.org/fellowsession.
ASGE Clinical and International Symposia
Saturday, May 2 – Tuesday, May 5
Various Times and Locations
ASGE's clinical and international symposia offerings will be held again this year. Societies from Australia, Brazil, Europe, India, Japan, Mexico, Korea, and Latin America will be showcasing their endoscopic advances during jointly sponsored sessions with ASGE at DDW 2020.Session topics include (titles subject to changes):
- 2020 Vision: Management of Barrett’s Esophagus
- 2020 Vision: Where Are We Now with Quality in Endoscopy?
- Advances in Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection
- ASGE Asociacion Mexicana de Endoscopia Gastrointestinal (AMEG) International Symposium: Frontiers of Endoscopy (Presented in Spanish)
- ASGE Canadian Association of Gastroenterology (CAG) International Symposium: Controversies and New Guidelines in Managing Patients with Upper GI Bleeding
- ASGE Chinese Society of Digestive Endoscopy (CSDE) International Symposium: Advancements in Esophageal Endoscopy — Perspectives from China and the U.S.
- ASGE Gastroenterological Society of Australia (GESA) International Symposium on Colonoscopy: - Best Practices for the Next Decade
- ASGE Japan Gastroenterological Endoscopy Society (JGES) International Symposium: Advances in Diagnostic Endoscopy
- ASGE Korean Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (KSGE) International Symposium: Endoscopic Innovations for Challenging Pancreatobiliary Issues and Luminal Access
- ASGE Presidential Plenary ASGE Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India (SGEI) International Symposium: Endoscopic Solutions to Surgical Issues
- ASGE Video Plenary ASGE World Cup
- ASGE World Gastroenterology Organization (WGO) International Symposium: Building Endoscopy Capacity in Resource-Limited Settings
- ASGE World of Endoscopy Organization (WEO) International Symposium: Advanced Endoscopy Highlights for the Next Decade
- ASGE/Inter-American Society of Endoscopy (SIED) International Symposium: The Best of DDW en Espanol (Presented in Spanish)
- Beginner’s Guide to Endoscopic Bariatric Therapies
- Benign Challenges in ERCP
- Branding Yourself for a Successful Career
- Breaking Down the Game in ERCP: Interactive Discussions with the Experts
- Challenges in Management of Upper GI Bleeding
- Cholangioscopy and Pancreatoscopy State-of-the Art
- Colonic Emergencies
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection: Basic to Advanced
- Enhancing Endoscopy Teaching and Performance: A Wealth of Experience from Commonwealth - - Enhancing Polyp Detection and Resection: Essentials for the Endoscopist
- ERCP for Malignant Obstruction
- ERCP in Special Situations
- ERCP: Cannulation Challenges
- Esophageal Cancer in Africa and the Development of the African Esophageal Cancer Consortium - EUS Best Practices
- EUS Busters! Who You Gonna Call?
- Fellows Update: Must Know Topics
- Improving the Endoscopy Experience for Patients and Providers
- Management of Upper GI Polyps: Not to be Forgotten
- Obscure GI Bleeding: To Infinity and Beyond
- Optimizing Colonoscopy Quality and Safety
- Pancreatic Cysts and Pancreatic Cancer: Where are we in 2020?
- Primum Non-Nocere: Safer ERCP’s
- Resection of Defiant Colon Polyps: Which Technique Is Best?
- Role of Endoscopy in IBD
- Small Bowel Capsule Endoscopy: Essentials and More
- The Evolving Role of Third-Space Endoscopy
- The Latest Guidelines: Everything a Practicing Gastroenterologist Needs to Know
- The Rise of the Learning Machines: Artificial Intelligence in Endoscopy
- Tipping the Balance Towards Survival: Severe Acute Necrotizing Pancreatitis
- Tips and Tricks for Getting Published in GIE
- Transitioning from Fellowship: Tips for a Successful Start
- Upper GI 911! Non-Bleeding Emergencies
- Women in Endoscopy