This webinar will address the following questions and give clarity on these coding items:
- Does your documentation support medical necessity from start to finish?
- Screening vs. Diagnostic Colonoscopy: Documentation tips for the provider when symptoms are present in a patient that is due for screening colonoscopy.
- Modifier 52 versus 53: Understand the differences between a discontinued procedure versus a reduced service and how they may affect discontinued screening colonoscopy.
- Moderate Sedation: Does your medical record have the documentation needed to support billing G0500?
- Endoscopy Challenges with Modifier 59: Does your documentation support a separate lesion and technique for billing multiple endoscopies?
- Modifier 25: Is the visit significantly separate from the procedure billed on the same day?
- ICD-10 Tips: EHR pitfalls associated with selecting the most accurate and specific ICD-10 codes.
, CPC, CGCS, CPMA, ICDCT-CM
AskMueller Consulting, LLC
Kristin is a national consultant with over 15 years of coding and billing experience. This includes Gastroenterology, Pulmonary, Critical Care, Immunology/Rheumatology, Hematology, and Hospitalist specialties, plus seminar instruction, auditing and on-site consulting. Her background includes extensive experience in a teaching university. She currently is a full-time consultant/trainer with AskMueller Consulting, LLC. Her presentations have included organizations such as AGA and ASGE. She is a Certified Professional Medical Auditor and Certified ICD-10 trainer. She is the co-author of several workbooks and programs specific to Gastroenterology. She also answers the coding hotline for ASGE.