Value of ASGE Membership
If endoscopy is your practice, ASGE is your partner! No other GI organization provides the practical tools and resources necessary for today’s GI endoscopist.
Whether you are a trainee or full-time endoscopist practicing in the United States or abroad, there are many benefits of ASGE membership designed specifically to meet your needs. In addition, being an ASGE member identifies you to your colleagues, patients and institution as a highly trained endoscopist who is committed to the best patient care.
Learn why 15,000 people worldwide are ASGE members.
Membership is organized into nine member categories. To become a member, you must meet the criteria established by the ASGE Governing Board for one of these categories.
Submit a Membership Application
For full application details and links to the online and offline application forms, click on the appropriate membership link below.
The member review process takes approximately 3-5 weeks. During this time, applicants may be eligible for Provisional Membership.
You will be notified by ASGE staff of your application status. If you have any questions regarding ASGE membership, email the Membership Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 353-ASGE (2743) or (630) 573-0600.
Membership is organized into nine groups as listed below. Learn more about each category, membership requirements, and the application process by following the links below.
- Active*—Physicians in the U.S. and Canada
- International—Physicians practicing outside the U.S.
- Trainee—Full-time training status in an ACGME or RCPSC accredited program. Options also available for international trainees.
- Honorary—Conferred upon by ASGE Board
- Senior—Ages 70+
- Associate—Registered nurses, technicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners
- Affiliate - Industry—Industry representatives who do not practice endoscopy but demonstrate special interest in the field
- Affiliate—Individuals who do not practice endoscopy but demonstrate special interest in the field, such as practice managers, PharmDs, directors and administrators
- Student—Must be enrolled in a U.S., Canadian or international medical school
- FASGE—Conferred upon by ASGE Board
*Only "Active" members and "Fellows" (FASGE) of the Society shall have the right to vote and to hold office.
All membership applicants are required to meet criteria established by the ASGE Governing Board and subject to change.