ASGE recognizes and values the importance of embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion and its impact on strengthening our organization and our members’ ability to provide excellent care to all patient populations.
Five priorities serve as the foundation for ASGE’s DEI Agenda. This Agenda will be achieved through society-wide initiatives. The following priorities aim to embrace all facets of DEI.
- Increase diversity and inclusion on the ASGE Board, committees, task forces, educational programs, awards and nominations and leadership programs.
- Promote diversity in the GI workforce pipeline.
- Promote equity and protection in the workplace regardless of gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or disability status.
- Expand healthcare equity and access to GI care.
- Expand a culturally sensitive as well as diverse healthcare workforce that is trained to deliver quality healthcare that improves the health of all patient populations.