ASGE’s Skills, Training Assessment and Reinforcement (STAR) Certificate Programs are a great way for gastroenterologists (and allied nurses and technicians) to learn how to perform today’s most crucial advanced endoscopic procedures with excellence and confidence.
ASGE’s evidence-based STAR Certificate Programs are known for transforming GI practices into ones that deliver better patient experiences and achieve better patient outcomes, resulting in greater patient satisfaction.
Visit the ASGE Event Calendar
for details on upcoming STAR Certificate Programs – keeping in mind that in-person participation for each program is limited to the first 40 physicians
Virtual participation also available. This option is designed to enhance participants’ endoscopic clinical knowledge and does not include a certificate of completion.
A Three-Pronged Blended Learning Approach
ASGE’s STAR Certificate Programs represent a blended learning experience that features unmatched access to some of the field’s leading subject matter experts. The curriculum for each program includes three components that must be completed sequentially:
Stage 1: Online Prep
- Taking a baseline test to gauge the participant’s knowledge
- Reading literature that addresses the subject matter guidelines and technology
- Watching instructional videos that address the subject matter from ASGE’s Endoscopic Learning Library (GI Leap)
- Taking a follow-up test to gauge changes in the participant’s knowledge
Stage 2: Live Course & Assessment
Held at ASGE’s IT&T Center just west of Chicago in Downers Grove, Illinois, this stage includes:
- A half day of case-based video sessions
- A half day of hands-on training (one faculty member per three participants)
- A one-on-one skills assessment (physicians)
- A written exam (physicians)
- Feedback on participants’ individual performance (physicians)
And because teamwork is such a crucial factor for every health care team, physicians that register for an ASGE STAR Program can have one allied nurse or technician join them for the program’s live course for a nominal free.
Stage 3: Certification & Documentation
Physicians who successfully complete a STAR Program receive a:
- STAR Certificate of Completion
- Transcript that includes details on the program’s curriculum, the CME/MOC they earned, and the results of their skills assessment and written exam
Physicians who do not pass the skills assessment or written exam will receive feedback on their deficiencies and options for additional training and/or retesting.
Plus, physicians who take any ASGE STAR course can earn both AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Points.
Contact Elle Vergara
with questions about ASGE’s STAR Certificate Program.