Useful Year-Round Guide on GI-Specific Coding
As you know, optimizing your coding, billing and revenue cycle management is critical to the business side of your endoscopy practice. Your entire GI team, starting with the front-end staff, to the coders and billers, and including the clinical team has a role in ensuring that your practice is receiving appropriate reimbursement for the services it provides. Therefore it is critical that everyone responsible for coding and billing have access to educational resources in order to stay current on payer regulations, GI coding changes, and other important billing information essential to the success of your practice.
ASGE offers the Coding Primer: A Guide for the Gastroenterology Practice as a means to effectively educate new and existing GI team members on how best to code accurately to enhance revenue while preventing costly denials. Compiled by GI coding experts, Glenn D. Littenberg, MD, MACP, FASGE and Kathleen A. Mueller, RN, CPC, CCS-P, CGCS, CMSCS, ICD-10 Proficient, CCC, the primer will immediately help you improve coding protocols in your practice.
Available as both a hardcopy book and as a robust PDF with bookmarks, and packed with clinical examples, coding tips, and practical advice, the primer is an indispensable reference tool. Gain instant access as soon as you order and start using the content immediately.
• Basic and advanced GI coding information
• Everyday GI clinical and coding examples
• Medicare and Private Payer billing regulations
• Background information to understand and manage your revenue cycle
• And much, much more!
Plus, benefit from these features:
• Up-to-date 2018 GI code changes
• Detailed case studies on ICD-10 GI Codes
• Coding Tips to help your practice collect appropriate reimbursement
• New coverage policies for GI procedures