ASGE Endoscopic Training Award
The ASGE Endoscopic Training Award provides Advanced Fellows or Junior Faculty with the opportunity to train outside of their home country with a premier GI endoscopist or group to advance their training. The award assists in underwriting reasonable and customary travel and living expenses for a period of one to three months. The award includes a $5,000 cash stipend prior to the recipient's travel. Up to three awards will be available annually for North American and International ASGE members.
Note: One training must take place in the United States.
All applicants must:
- Be an ASGE Member (Active, International or Trainee)
- Be the equivalent of Junior Faculty or Advanced Fellow
- Be proficient in the English Language
- Be advancing knowledge and/or skill on a particular subject
Individuals applying for 1-2 year advanced fellowships do not qualify for this award.
Send the following information in one PDF document. Note: Only electronic applications will be considered.
- A 1-2-page Candidate's Statement of Learning Objectives for the travel including:
- The description, purpose and expectations of this training program and importance to the applicant's career development.This must include very focused training goals and how the applicant will utilize the skills acquired after completing the training
- Duration of training
- Anticipated dates of training
- A letter of acceptance from the institution where applicant would like to study and name of ASGE member(s) with whom he/she plans to study including:
- Possibility of hands-on training on patients, training models, and/or observership
- Endoscopic technique(s) offered for training at host-institution guaranteed volume of endoscopic procedures during indicated training period
- Additional information required:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) including current position
- A letter of recommendation and release from the applicant's current Chief of Service
- A statement listing additional sources and amount of funding to be used for this training
The approval of the ASGE Endoscopic Training Award is contingent upon sponsorship funding received.
ASGE's International Committee will review the applications and make recommendations to the Governing Board, who will make the final decision.
Applications must be received by e-mail no later than Monday, December 2, 2019. Late submissions will not be considered. Awards will be announced by February 2020. Submit application materials by e-mail, in one PDF document to:
Manager of Global Education and Engagement
For further details, please call 630.570.5618
The ASGE Endoscopic Training Awards are underwritten by a grant from FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. - Endoscopy.