ASGE Endoscopic Training Award
The ASGE Endoscopic Training Award provides Advanced Fellows or Junior Faculty with the opportunity to train outside of their home country with a premier GI endoscopist or group to advance their training. The award assists in underwriting reasonable and customary travel and living expenses for a period of one to three months. The award includes a $5,000 cash stipend prior to the recipient's travel. Up to three awards will be available annually for North American and International ASGE members.
Note: At least one of the three selected awards must train in the United States.
All applicants must:
- Be an ASGE Member (Active, International or Trainee)
- Be the equivalent of Junior Faculty or Advanced Fellow
- Be proficient in the English Language
- Be advancing knowledge and/or skill on a particular subject
Individuals applying for 1-2 year advanced fellowships do not qualify for this award.
Send the following information in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Only electronic applications will be considered.
- A 1-2-page Candidate's Statement of Learning Objectives for the travel including:
- The description, purpose and expectations of this training program and importance to the applicant's career development. This must include very focused training goals and how the applicant will utilize the skills acquired after completing the training
- Duration of training
- Anticipated dates of training
- A letter of acceptance from the institution where applicant would like to study and name of ASGE member(s) with whom he/she plans to study including:
- Possibility of hands-on training on patients, training models, and/or observership
- Endoscopic technique(s) offered for training at host-institution guaranteed volume of endoscopic procedures during indicated training period
- Additional information required:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) including current position
- A letter of recommendation and release from the applicant's current Chief of Service
- A statement listing additional sources and amount of funding to be used for this training
The approval of the ASGE Endoscopic Training Award is contingent upon sponsorship funding received.
ASGE's International Committee will review the applications and make recommendations to the Governing Board, who will make the final decision.
The deadline to submit the application for the 2022 awards has passed. Please check back in Autumn/Winter for details about the 2023 awards.
For additional information, please contact:
ASGE Customer Care
The ASGE Endoscopic Training Awards are underwritten by a grant from FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. - Endoscopy.