How does the STAR Certificate Program work?
The curriculum for each program includes three components that must be completed sequentially: an online curriculum, a live course with hands-on training, and a post-course skills assessment and post-test. Upon successful completion, participants will receive a “Certificate of Completion” identifying the specific skills assessed, as well as a detailed transcript of the completed curriculum.
1. Online Curriculum
Prior to the skills-training component, enrollees will be required to complete several online components, including:
- Baseline pre-test: This test will provide the enrollee an initial assessment of their knowledge.
- Literature: Participants will read and review guidelines, technology reviews, and key articles.
- Instructional videos: Participants will view instructional videos from the ASGE Endoscopic Learning Library (ELL).
- Interval Assessment: Enrollees will re-take the pre-test following the online instructional components.
2. Live Course and Assessment
Each program is designed to specifically teach standardized knowledge and motor skills in the specific procedure. Enrollees will participate in a half-day of detailed case-based video sessions and a half-day of intensive, standardized, hands-on training preparing enrollees for the skills assessment (3 participants per station). On the second day, participants will complete a one-on-one skills assessment as well as a post-test, and will be provided feedback from their performance at the completion of the course.
3. Course Follow-Up
- All enrollees will be provided a transcript detailing the completed curriculum, earned CME and assessment of performance in their specific learned skills.
- Participants who pass the assessment component will receive a Certificate of Completion in the specific learned skill.
- Participants who do not pass the written exam or the skills assessment will be provided with information on the specific areas in which they did not succeed and options for further training and/or retesting.
Limited Space – Register early!
To allow more direct interaction with faculty and to maximize the quality of your experience, registration is limited to the first 40 physician registrants. Once the course reaches capacity, no further registrations can be accepted.
Bring a Member of Your Team!
ASGE recognizes that communication and coordination with your team is an important component of successful assimilation of advanced endoscopic procedures into your practice. As an added bonus, participants will be allowed to bring either one nurse or one technician to train with them at no additional cost.